House of EPIC

The following accounts are approximately as random as we are. A few parts arts and a few parts sciences, this is our house: the House of EPIC. Would you like to stay for dinner? We made spaghetti.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

And So it Begins...

Well, summer is officially here. Everyone's moved off campus (some only temporarily...I do believe Siobhan is actually already moved back in.). As summer begins everyone is switching out of school mode. Oh how I wish my only concern was for how long I could lay out in the sun, but alas, reality hit soon after Jeremy left my house.
Currently, the house is discussing what dishes and other kitcheny items to bring next year. I think we're all excited for the House of Epic. So far I think we have the basics. (Although still looking for a good set of knives (for the chopping boards...)) And Jamie found a wok?!!! Erin's currently raiding her parents basement for items to steal. And I'm making an attempt to reorganize all of my college stuff. It's kind of taken over both the living room and basement. I've already thrown away a whole garbage bag worth of stuff. The idea is to consolidate. Next year, in the House of Epic, space will be at a premium. At least we assume.
In other news, Cincinnati is absolutely gorgeous at the moment. It's not too hot, and not too cold, and the skies are a bright blue. Currently I'm sitting out on my front porch. Although its a tad chilly here in the shade. I spent my job researching and applying for jobs. I need something for the summer because I almost refuse to go back to Kings Island. While I enjoyed the people I worked with, and the job. The hours were rather inflexible and I dealt with people (guests) who literally thought the Effiel Tower in the Park was the original from London, England....(yeah, explain THAT one to me...) Currently I've applied to Barnes and Noble, Bath and Body Works, Yankee Candle, and Borders. Borders is the only one with a job opening, and its within their cafe. But still. I also am sending an application to Deerfield Township, where I live, for a camp counsler position. We'll see if I get it. I dont' exactly have the qualifications at the moment. But I'd be willing to attend CPR and First Aid classes. I've let mine lapse. I used to hold my certifications in them. The job would be amazing because it's Monday through Thursday 8-2. So I'd get weekends off to visit Jeremy!!!! ;) which will challenging none to say the least. A four to five hour drive awaits me if I want to see him. And his business is booming this year. He's booked solid for the next three weeks. But alas.

I guess that's all for now. I think most everyone else is busy trying to start their summer...

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment